Vastushastra Has Safety Mechanisms
It is impossible to adhere to Vastushastra completely in a city mainly because of congestion. If Vastushastra asks you to block a particular direction, there might be beautiful park or garden in that direction. More over the flat culture does not permit proper practice of Vastushastra. So what I suggest, go to the micro level. Make adjustments in the interiors and enjoy the benefit of Vastushastra.
Of course, Vastushastra does talk about accidents, health problems and prosperity. One must understand that these are used as warnings and baits. And if these threats and promises were not written in Vastushastra, this would not have been survived all these years. Superstitions are Vastushastra safety mechanisms, which ensured that generations that came and went left the science intact.
Let us see some example how it migrated our elders propagated this Vastushastra in a very simplified way.
1) It is said in Hindu Culture that when a person dies his head is to be kept in north and feet in south, this implies that alive person should never keep his head in north as this being a direction of dead.
2) Our elders have always told us to buy property of the person who is prospering and selling the property to shift or buy better or bigger property. This directly means that buy default the property could be as per Vastushastra tenets and hence chances are that the buyer may also prosper in there.
3) When we place our kumbh in the new house, it is always kept on the kitchen platform at the place of drinking water, as this is direction of god. I.e. north east. And also is a positive magnetic and solar direction.
4) Suryanamashkar an i.e. morning prayer is done facing east so as to get maximum positive solar energy.
5) When we go to see a new house, elders always tells us that the main door of the house should face rising sun i.e. east if the main door faces east chances are that there would be bedroom i.e. south west or south of the house making the house more Vastushastra compliant.
People always prefer east west opening house as wind direction in India is southwest in monsoon and northeast in summer and winter.
So if you start analyzing the preaching of our elders in context to Vastushastra a satisfactory answer can be found and provably if this thing spreads all around the world this could be India’s greatest contribution to science after the discovery of zero.